Have you ever wondered why one blog post receives more clicks than the other, even though the content is exactly the same? If you suspect that the reason may be in the wording and/or phrasing of the title, then we are on the same page. Titles are what the user sees first and decides if they want to read more. Your responsibility for making it as appealing and clickable as possible. Furthermore, it is at the top of your post and sets up the tone for your writing.
Now, thanks to innovative online technologies, content marketers and bloggers can utilize title generation tools. Yes, you got it right. Below are 3 websites that can help you create killer blog titles.
But first, if you have questions on how to come up with ideas, the people at Authority Hackers have come up with some cool ways to not just create ideas, but create ideas worth creating.
1. SEOPressor Blog Title Generator
To get awesome titles using SEOPressor, all you have to do is input your topic keyword and identify it. Is it a) a person’s name, b) a generic term or c) a location? This one extra step will ensure the generated results are flawless. Look below at the title examples for the keyword “SEO”. Isn’t it impressive?
2. Hubspot’s Blog Topic Generator
The algorithm of Hubspot’s topic tool works similar to SEOPressor. Great UX and straight to the point. The tagline “a week of blog topics, just for you” is tempting enough to visit Hubspot again and get more ideas for next week. Notice, that we already generated 10 unique suggestions by using two tools!
3. Tweak Your Biz
An outstanding title can increase tweets, Facebook Likes, and visitor traffic by 50% or more.
A unique characteristic of this creative blog name generator is a variety of suggestions. The list is divided into different categories (bests, how-to, questions, celebrities, and business). If you are aware of the power of “questions” and “how-to” in blog titles, then you can fully utilize this tool to attract more readers. Let’s take a look at how this tool can handle the topic of “increase traffic”.
Looks like it nailed it!
Push your clickable title to the top of Google.
So you got a new attractive title. Now what? If all you want is to share your article on social media and don’t care about having people find your post through search engines like Google, then don’t read on.
For the rest that wants the title to also show up naturally and organically at the top of Google, you can do so by doing a little search engine optimization (SEO). Here are a few tips:
- Make sure your new title is in the <title> tag of your post’s HTML.
- Make sure you have a <meta> description with a short summary of your blog in the HTML also.
- Google considers the inclusion of LSI keywords as a ranking factor for search results. Latent semantic indexing or LSI keywords are keywords that are semantically related to your topic. Naturally, you would include these as you write, but using a tool like an LSI Graph can help you make sure you don’t miss any related words.
- Use a keyword research tool to include in your post the most popular keywords searchers use when they search for what you are writing about. Search volume will tell you how often it is searched.
- Write quality content and think about if your content is important enough that others would include a link to your blog post on their websites (a “backlink“).
The rule of thumb is that the better your article can answer or satisfy a search user’s question or quest (their search intent), the better Google ranks you. Remember, Google Search’s sole purpose is to give its users what they are searching for. If you give their users what they want, Google will reward you by showing your post to more searchers because it will benefit more of their users. It’s a circle, just complete it!