Have you ever wondered why one blog post receives more clicks than the other, even though the content is exactly the same? If you suspect that the reason is not in source or author, but in the blog title, we are on the same page. These words at the top of your post set up the tone for your writing and it is your responsibility to make it as appealing and clickable as possible. Thanks to innovative online technologies, content marketers and bloggers can utilize title generator tools. Yes, you got it right. Below are 3 websites that can help you create killer blog titles:
1. SEOPressor Blog Title Generator
To get awesome titles using this tool, all you have to do is input your topic keyword and identify it. Is it a person’s name, generic term or location? This one extra step will ensure the generated results are flawless. Look below at the title examples for “SEO”. Isn’t it impressive?
2. Hubspot’s Blog Topic Generator
The algorithm of Hubspot’s topic tool works similar to SEOPressor. Great UX and straight to the point. Tagline “a week of blog topics, just for you” is tempting enough to visit Hubspot again and get more ideas for next week. Notice, that we already generated 10 unique suggestions by using two tools!
3. Tweak Your Biz
An outstanding title can increase tweets, Facebook Likes, and visitor traffic by 50% or more
Unique characteristic of this creative blog name generator is the variety of suggestions. The list is divided by different categories (bests, how to, questions, celebrities and business). If you are aware of the power of “questions” and “how to” in blog titles, then you can fully utilize this tool to attract more readers. Let’s take a look at how this tool can handle topic “increase traffic”. Nailed it!
“Made with love for content creators, curators, writers and digital marketers”, this website provides not only simple list of titles, but also its performance on social media channels, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Google Plus (pro feature). ContentIdeator is “one stop” for anyone interested in content generation, since this tool also includes trendy keywords, competitors analysis and analytics.
As content marketers and bloggers, most of us experience writer’s block and need an external source of inspiration. These tools can help us come up not only with catchy blog titles, but also deliberate on ideas for the next blog posts. Remember, that titles can benefit not only your reader, but also influence your SEO. So keep these 4 tools in mind to brainstorm and get your blog post clickable.
After your new awesome title is created, push it to the top of Google.
So you got a new attractive title. Now what? If all you want is to share your article on social media and don’t care about having people find your post through search engines like Google search, then don’t read on.
For the rest that want the title to also show up naturally and organically at the top of Google, you can do so by doing a little search engine optimization (SEO). Here are a few tips:
- Make sure your new title is in the <title> tag of your blog’s HTML.
- Make sure you have a <meta> description with a short summary of your blog in the HTML also.
- Google considers the inclusion of LSI Keywords as a ranking factor for search results. LSI Keywords are keywords that are semantically related to your topic. Naturally, you would include these as you write, but using a tool like the Brainstorm Graph on Twinword Ideas can help you make sure you don’t miss any related words.
- Use a keyword research tool to include in your post the most popular keywords searchers use when they search for what you are writing about. Search volume will tell you how often it is searched.
- Write quality content and find ways to have others include a link to your blog post on their websites (a “backlink”).
The rule of thumb is that the better your article can answer or satisfy a search engine user’s question or quest (their search query), the better Google ranks you. Remember, Google Search’s sole purpose is to give its users what they are searching for. If you give their users what they want, Google will reward you by showing your post to more searchers because it will benefit more of their users. It’s a circle, just complete it!